Sorry, I'm not going to make a hairpiece joke. But seriously, legendary actor Ernest Borgnine passed away yesterday due to renal failure. I'm sure everyone has a favorite movie of his, considering he's easily been in over 100 films during his career. My favorite of his was BASEketball (obviously) where he played billionaire Ted Denslow. Some other ones I remember were Poseidon Adventure and Gattaca. Of course 95 is an old age to live to, but it always seems like people are taken too early.**The above was originally posted at the B Long Blog last week, sorry for the delay!**
In honor of Borgnine's memory, 11 Points has a list of "11 BASEketball Quotes Applied to Ernest Borgnine's Death, Ranked by Tact":
11. "You kids with your loud music, and your Dan Fogelberg, your zima, hula hoops, and Pac-Man video games -- don't you see? People today have attention spans that can only be measured in nanoseconds."
10. "Did they try to save him with those heart paddles? The ones George Clooney uses?"
9. "He was health challenged and survival impaired."
8. "Looks like your boy Borgnine bought the farm."
7. "What an unfortunate thing to happen on dozen egg night."
6. "Today we lost the big game and a dear friend. It certainly does seem to be raining shit."
view the rest after the jump!